Closing date: 31/10/2023
We are looking to recruit an observant lifeguard to ensure the safety of visitors to our aquatic facility. The lifeguard will explain safety rules to patrons, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce policies on showers and proper attire. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms, and restrooms. You will maintain pool equipment, and monitor and record pool temperatures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing activities at an aquatic facility.
- Assisting with swimming lessons.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations, and policies to ensure the safety of patrons.
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Warning swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performing first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintaining records and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 1 Year of related experience.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- AED certification preferred.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile, and dexterous.
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
Resume / CV