Study Aboard Advisor
Closing date: 07/05/2023
The Study Abroad Advisor will be responsible for guiding students through the study abroad process, including program selection, application, and preparation. The Advisor will work with students, parents, faculty, and staff to ensure a successful study abroad experience for all participants.
· Assist students in selecting study abroad programs based on academic interests, career goals, and personal preferences.
· Provide guidance and support throughout the application process, including reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and preparing students for study abroad.
· Develop and lead pre-departure orientations and workshops for students to prepare them for their study abroad experience.
· Work closely with faculty and staff to ensure that students receive appropriate academic credit for their study abroad coursework.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for students and parents during the study abroad experience, providing ongoing support and guidance as needed.
· Collaborate with international partner institutions to maintain and expand study abroad program offerings.
· Maintain accurate records and data on all study abroad participants.
· Oversees and administers Inspire’s education program.
· Advises walk-in and corporate students on different programs and certifications.
· Prints and prepares the training packs for all the training programs in Inspire.
· Periodically evaluates support materials for the trainers and instructors; identifies, requests, and obtains appropriate resources to fulfill those needs.
· Researches and implements methods to expand and improve the education program and students’ opportunities.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to create and present ideas to students and colleagues.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and should be able to use databases, spreadsheets, and other technology to manage information and data.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Familiarity with study abroad best practices and standards.
· Strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire students to achieve their goal and should be able to provide guidance and support to help students succeed academically and personally during their study abroad experience
· Should be flexible and adaptable to changing situations and be able to adjust to different time zones, travel schedules, and unexpected situations that may arise during the study abroad experience
· Strong understanding and appreciation of different cultures and should be able to adapt to new and unfamiliar cultural contexts and be sensitive to cultural differences
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. international studies, education, counseling, etc.)
· Experience working in international education, study abroad, or a related field.
· Knowledge of study abroad program selection, application, and preparation processes.
· Experience with international travel and/or living abroad preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
Resume / CV